Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The eye of the needle

My Lord and my God, take from me everything that distances me from you.
My Lord and my God, give me everything that brings me closer to you
My Lord and my God, detach me from myself to give my all to you.

- St. Nicholas of Flüe
CCC 226

Here are some questions with which to prepare for Thursday morning's look into Matthew 19:
  1. In verses 17 and 21, Jesus unfolds a double reply to the rich young man. How is keeping the Commandments related to following the Messiah?
  2. St. Nicholas of Flüe left a beautiful prayer for totally giving himself to God. Does it weaken a person if God takes these things away that Nicholas prays about?
  3. Did Mary ever experience this unburdening, this taking away of things?
  4. Did Elijah ever experience this unburdening, this taking away of things?
That is a short set of four good questions for tomorrow morning, plenty to think over. We will begin with these early tomorrow morning.
Print this post in large print

No comments:

Post a Comment